- VETERINARIAN RELEASE
- . If the owner's pet is hurt or becomes ill, Chapel Hill Grooming Studio has permission to obtain immediate medical care from the veterinarian of our choice, should the pet's veterinarian not be accessible. The Pet owner agrees to pay all costs for medical treatment provided unless illness or injury is a direct result of the negligence of the Chapel Hill Grooming Studio employees. At Chapel Hill Grooming Studio, all pets are treated by the employees with the utmost care and due diligence. Chapel Hill Grooming Studio will not be held responsible for clipper burn and/ or minor nicks resulting from the grooming of matted, neglected coats- or for irritation caused by removing coat from pets possessing mild to severe skin allergies, nor will we be held responsible for stressful effects grooming may have on a geriatric pet.
- . Chapel Hill Grooming Studio must be notified 24 hours of any claims by the owner regarding compensation for medical attention given as a result of the alleged negligence of our staff. In the event of a dispute over the owner's claim, Chapel Hill Grooming Studio will personally consult the attending veterinarian before settling any claim.
- . Chapel Hill Grooming Studio is not responsible for any allergic reactions resulting from the manufacturer's recommended usage of any products. We take great care in selecting the best natural products and have few situations with reactions; in saying this, your dog/ cat may have extreme needs that go beyond the care we provided.
3. PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS
- . Chapel Hill Grooming is not responsible for pre-existing medical conditions or the aggravation of those conditions; such as, but not limited to, heart disease, arthritis, obesity, infections, or any other medical problem that may be affected by the grooming process.
4. PETS WELLBEING
- . The health of each pet is Chapel Hill Grooming Studio’s number one concern. If Chapel Hill Grooming Studio feels the safety or well-being of the Owner's Pet and/or a grooming associate is in jeopardy, a muzzle may be used, or services refused or discontinued. Should the groom need to be discontinued, the owner is still responsible for paying a $40.00 handling fee. This fee is applicable for dogs and cats.
5. ADDITIONAL FEES
- . Chapel Hill Grooming Studio reserves the right to charge additional fees for services we consider over and above the norm covered by our standard rates. Chapel Hill Grooming reserves the right to refuse service to customers who pose a threat to our employees and other pets in our care, whether it is an aggression problem, health problem, or parasite problem.
- Breakdown of additional fees:
- Dematting fee (price of fee is dependent on size of dog; ranges between $10 - $50).
- Late pick up fee ($5.00 per every 5 minutes the client is late after hours of operations).
- Appointment cancellation fee is 50% of the cost of your last grooming appointment (clients are required to provide 24HR notice when cancelling an appointment in order for the groomer to be able to refill their time slot)
- If the client is any later than 15 minutes for their scheduled appointment; unfortunately the appointment will be cancelled/rescheduled since we are a strict appointment service.
- Clients are required to call/email Chapel Hill Grooming Studio within 24 HRS if there is anything that needs to be fixed after their grooming appointment; this policy applies to full groom services, bath + brush services or a la carte/walk in services. After 24 HRS, regular pricing fee will be applied.
- Should the owner's pet expose the unit or salon with parasites, there will be an additional $50.00 charge to cover Chapel Hill Grooming Studio expense for fumigation of the premises. It is necessary to fumigate to prevent contamination to other dogs/cats.
- . Chapel Hill Grooming Studios will never demat an extensively matted dog or cat. Dematting is painful for the pet and can have lasting implications in regards to the dogs/cats fears and negative associations to the grooming process. Should your dog/cat be extensively matted, the best option is to have the pet “shaved down” and create a plan going forward, where the owner recognizes the importance of maintenance (brushing/combing) with proper techniques & regular appointments. When this plan is implemented the owner can have the stylized trim of their choice.
- . It has been our experience that when a pet is "shaved down" or "stripped" as it is called in the grooming profession, pre-existing conditions may appear. When a pet is very matted /pelted, air cannot get through to its skin. If the pet has an itch and bites itself, the skin will become sore and will not be able to heal through the matted coat. Stripping uncovers these skin conditions, as well as other skin problems that may have developed from the lack of air and grooming.
- . Please note that it is difficult to shave a matted pet without slightly irritating the skin, since the groomer must get underneath the mats. THE ONLY WAY WE WILL CONSIDER SHAVING YOUR PET WILL BE WITH YOUR CONSENT. There will be an extra charge for this service because the groomer will need extra blades, extra lubricant for the clipper, and more time to slowly and carefully get under the pet's mats/ pelt.
- . I, the undersigned, owner or person representing the owner, do hereby release Chapel Hill Grooming Studio from any and all responsibility resulting in shaving my pet and understand and support the conditions stated in this agreement. _________________ (initials needed)
7. THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE
- . Chapel Hill Grooming Studio has the right to refuse service for any reason it deems. In the event of a dog/cat that cannot be groomed safely without danger to the groomer/ employees/ or others, Chapel Hill Grooming Studio will use muzzles, e-collars, straps etc. on dogs, but only a muzzle created specifically for cats on felines (air muzzle). Grooming services may be stopped mid-groom if necessary for the safety of the dog/ cat, or groomer. Grooming fees may still be applied.
8. DUTY TO DISCLOSE
- . I have disclosed and will continue to disclose on an ongoing basis, any and all medical or other conditions, including but not limited to personality concerns or behaviors that may affect, limit or prevent my dog's/cat's ability to be at Chapel Hill Grooming Studio.
- . Chapel Hill Grooming Studio follows the Personal Information and Protection And Electronic Documents Act of the Canadian Federal Government : (acts/P-8.6) and ensures that all personal information, (Name, Phone Numbers, Addresses, Pet Information) is only documented and saved within the ProPet Software Program (the program used by this business). This information is not shared on employee's phones or documents that they can print or save. We will not share this information with any other business or individuals.
9. PET PHOTOGRAPHY
- . I authorize Chapel Hill Grooming Studio to use photos of my dog/s/ cat/s for whom I have legal ownership for any promotional materials regarding Chapel Hill Grooming Studio programs, facilities, or services. All photos taken on the premises of Chapel Hill Grooming Studio by any employee or staff, will not be sold/ shared to other parties/websites/Facebook pages/or other social networking media. Promotional materials bearing these photos may be distributed for free to the public and posted on the Chapel Hill Grooming Studio website and/or social media. Chapel Hill Grooming Studios reserves the right to use any photo or likeness for a time period beginning when this form is signed and ending upon written request of participant or legal pets owner.
10. LIABILITY RELEASE
- . I hereby agree to expressly and forever generally waive, discharge claims, indemnify, release liability, save, hold harmless and defend Chapel Hill Grooming Studio, their invitees, sponsors, advertisers, owners, officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, leasers, and all others having interest in Chapel Hill Grooming Studio (The Releases) from and against any and all injury, liability, claims, litigation, actions, suits, costs, losses, damages, attorney's fees, expenses or demands of every character whatsoever on account of, arising out of, resulting from or relating in any way to (1) any act or omission of the releases, and (2) me or my dog's/cat's participation at Chapel Hill Grooming Studio, or otherwise.
As stated above, signatures are not required; access to our Client Waiver has been available since November 2021; should you book an appointment with us following this date we will consider that your consent and understanding of our health and safety policies and administrative procedures.